Beating The Summer Heat 101
As the summer temperature rises, it’s likely your electric bill will, as well. Being conscious of your air conditioning usage while taking a few quick, simple steps to ensure you’re getting the most out of your unit could make a huge difference in your electrical spending.
Here are a few steps to keeping cool, economically:
- Don’t use your air conditioner more than necessary.
- Don’t cool rooms that aren’t occupied.
- Keep your air conditioning unit out of direct sunlight.
- Change the air filter once a month during warmer months.
- Allow the air conditioning to “breath,” free of furniture or draperies.
- Keep windows and shades closed while the air conditioner is on.
- Use storm windows.
- When weather allows, turn off the air conditioning and open windows.
- Reduce heat in-house during the day time: avoid cooking, bathing and laundry.
- Keep your air conditioner off during the day, set a timer.
Questions? Feel free to ask.