Hurricane Season 101: Recap
Hurricane season can be a stressful time of the year. That’s why we’ve been doing our part to prepare you for the worst! You can never be too ready for a storm.
Knowing what steps to take at the start of hurricane season, once a hurricane watch or warning has been issued, during a hurricane, and once a hurricane has passed can ensure your safety, as well as the safety of your family and your home.
Staying informed and knowledgeable can make all of the difference this hurricane season, and your safety is important to us!
In the event that a storm does hit Florida this hurricane season, keep in mind:
- You can save time and money while protecting yourself during a potential storm by taking the time to properly prepare before a hurricane hits—and even before the threat of one.
See: 7 Things To Keep In Mind As Hurricane Season Approaches
- Creating a thorough emergency supply kit can make a significant difference in your experience this hurricane season. By following a check list, you can ensure you have everything you need to keep your family and home safe this hurricane season.
See: 22 Things Everyone Should Have In Their Hurricane Supply Kit
- Once a hurricane is headed toward Florida, don’t panic! Securing your home and personal belongings should be your top priority. You may only have a day or two to prepare once a watch or warning has been issued, so use your time wisely to cover any potential issues that can arise during a storm—you’ll thank yourself later!
See: 10 Things To Do Once A Hurricane Watch Or Warning Has Been Issued
- You can be one step ahead of the storm by knowing when to evacuate and what to do while you’re waiting out a hurricane.
See: What To Know To Keep Your Family Safe During A Hurricane
- It’s important to know how to properly assess damage and what to avoid after a storm hits.
See: 15 Things To Keep In Mind Once A Hurricane Has Come & Gone
Stay safe this hurricane season! Questions? Feel free to ask.